This document contains information specific to the release of Multi-Factor for DB, providing knowledge necessary for use to be reviewed prior to installation. All information is accurate at the time of publication and updates will be provided by Hub City Media with subsequent software releases.
1.2 Intended Audience
This document is intended to provide information to administrators and evaluators of Multi-Factor for DB.
This section outlines prerequisites to installing and running Multi-Factor for DB.
2.1 Operating Systems
Multi-Factor for DB is supported on the following operating systems:
· Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x
· Oracle Linux 6.x
· Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.x
· Oracle Linux 7.x
Multi-Factor for DB is supported on the following databases:
· Oracle Database 11g
· Oracle Database 12c
2.3 Hardware Requirements
Multi-Factor for DB requires at least 100MB disk space, 2GB of memory and a dual-core processor for non-production implementations. Production sizing depends on user load and is typically constrained by number of CPU cores.
3 Limitations and Known Issues
· In order to support entering the first-factor password and Time-based One-time Password (TOTP) separately, the sqlplus client must run on a machine capable of displaying an X-based UI.
· No capability currently exists to bypass Multi-factor Authentication for some users. This functionality is planned for a future release.
3.2 Known Issues
· If the database login times out before the FreeRADIUS server returns a response, the error “ORA-12631: Username retrieval failed” will appear in the logs. The database timeout may need to be increased in this case.
For information on purchasing support for Multi-Factor for DB, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For support requests for existing customers, log into Hub City Media’s JIRA system at the URL provided in your support contract.