This document contains information specific to the release of IDCS Provisioning, providing knowledge necessary for review prior to installation. All information is accurate at the time of publication and updates will be provided by Hub City Media with subsequent software releases.
1.2 Intended Audience
This document is intended to provide information to administrators and evaluators of IDCS Provisioning.
This section outlines prerequisites to installing and running IDCS Provisioning.
2.1 Operating Systems
IDCS Provisioning is supported on the following operating systems:
· Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x
· Oracle Linux 6.x
· Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.x
· Oracle Linux 7.x
2.2 Application Servers
IDCS Provisioning is supported on the following application servers, running on either Java 7 or Java 8:
· Apache Tomcat 7+
· Oracle WebLogic 11g+
IDCS Provisioning ships with the following connectors:
· Database Table
o MySQL 5.6+
o OUD 11g+
o Active Directory 2008+
· Google (G Suite)
2.4 Hardware Requirements
IDCS Provisioning requires at least 50MB disk space in addition to the application server, 2GB of memory and a dual-core processor for non-production implementations. Production sizing depends upon user population size.
3 Limitations and Known Issues
· LDAP synchronization is based on timestamps and does not yet support changelog-based scoping
· Passwords cannot be retrieved from IDCS and synchronized to other target systems. It is recommended to use Federation and SSO for most applications.
· Retry for a failed synchronization is not currently supported
· At this time, correlation rules are limited to one attribute
3.2 Known Issues
· If deployed to the WebLogic Admin Server, stopping and starting deployment without restarting the Admin Server can lead to a PermGen exception
· User login to Oracle IDCS will trigger the user’s last updated timestamp, leading to an extraneous synchronization on target systems
For information on purchasing support for IDCS Provisioning, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For support requests for existing customers, login to Hub City Media’s JIRA system at the URL provided in your support contract.