Founded in 1999 and headquartered in South Plainfield, New Jersey, Hub City Media is a software integrator specializing in sophisticated Identity and Access Management solutions, Managed Support Services and custom software development and integrations. Hub City Media provides fully customizable Professional Services and 24 / 7 / 365 Managed Support Services tailored to the specific needs of each organization, with the ability to partner with clients in every global location and time zone. Hub City Media’s centralized environment encourages teamwork, collaboration and knowledge transfer, resulting in innovative, industry-leading solutions.
As a recognized industry thought leader, Hub City Media holds the following Oracle certifications:
- Identity Management and Security Specialized Partner
- Certified Database Security Implementation Specialist
- Certified Database Support Specialist
Of particular note, Hub City Media is one of only five key FY2017 “Go To Market” Oracle partners.
In addition, as a ForgeRock Accredited Identity Platform partner, Hub City Media’s experience extends back to previous expertise working with Sun Microsystem's products that are the foundation of OpenAM (OpenSSO) and OpenDJ (Java Directory Server). Hub City Media formalized a partnership with ForgeRock in early June 2015 and has become a key ForgeRock partner, performing many ForgeRock Identity Platform implementations and Architectural Workshops.
Hub City Media’s clients span the Fortune 10 to the Fortune 500, including governmental agencies and educational institutions.
Hub City Media is seeking a Software Engineer for our Managed Support Services Department. This candidate would be responsible for providing effective and efficient support to our customers with a high level of technical knowledge and customer satisfaction.
- Provide technical support to customers participating in Hub City Media’s Managed Services Program
- Provide intake for support requests, process requests and solve or reassign to another engineer, as needed
- Learn all elements of Hub City Media Technical Support components
- Effectively communicate with customers via email, phone and other electronic methods to ensure effective support of Hub City Media products
- Rapidly diagnose and route incoming cases to appropriate teams
- Research, reproduce and resolve customer software and technical issues
- Routinely create Knowledge base articles not yet documented in KB
- Maintain appropriate case – and customer-related files and records in the CRM
- Competency in any object oriented programming language (Java preferred)
- Knowledge in Identity and Access Management a strong plus
- Ability to learn new applications quickly and competently
- Ability to read and understand technical writing
- Demonstrate self-driven initiative with an enthusiastic, zealous interest in improvement, job growth and learning
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and ability to develop customer relationships quickly with superlative problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills with attention to detail
- Ability to read, write, understand and speak in order to effectively and clearly communicate with colleagues and customers
- Effective working independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multitask; good prioritization, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines and follow through to successful conclusion and customer satisfaction
- Ability to demonstrate good technical judgment
- Ability to travel, as needed
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Ability to work after hours when required by the business
Required Experience / Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field of study or equivalent experience
- Education and academic experience developing in Java
- Experience with software development life cycle
- Experience with Java enterprise APIs: J2EE, JNDI, JDBC, EJB, JSP, Servlets, etc.
- Developing workflows, forms, rules and notifications using a combination of product configuration and custom Java code
- Executing unit and system test plans
- Up to 1 year of work experience a plus
- Must be authorized to work in the United States