The Lead Systems Engineer will engage in engineering and management activities. Expectations are that this candidate will spend 80% of his/her time on engineering activities and the balance 20% of his/her time on management activities. The right candidate must be able to balance these responsibilities smoothly and easily transition from one role to the other as needed.
A candidate for the Lead System Engineer should have a thorough understanding of identity systems or database management software. The ideal candidate should also have an aptitude for managing, training and mentoring a team of up to 8 team members. The ideal candidate will have an aptitude to solicit cooperation and conduct conflict resolution among the team and report team resource progress. Communication to leadership levels of the organization is paramount. This position may often require additional time commitments to complete necessary tasks.
The Lead Systems Engineer will be responsible for the day to day operations of the System Engineer team. He/she will provide supervision and assist leadership in the assignment of resources. The Lead System Engineer will ensure the professional growth of the team by mentoring, establishing goals and designing metrics for performance evaluation. The Lead System Engineer will act as a liaison between teams, departments and be an active member of the PS Management Team.
- Responsible for the supervision, guidance and mentoring of associates on their respective team.
- Ensures optimal team performance while overseeing day-to-day operations of the team, analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, developing standards and setting deadlines.
- Provide associates with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems and in resolving escalated complaints or disputes.
- Provides recommendations to management to define methods and means to achieve team objectives and goals, ensuring service level agreements are met.
- Develops strategies for building morale through positive leadership and team development efforts
- Tracks and reports status for operations projects and event review action items, ensuring timely and accurate completion.
- Assesses training needs by monitoring associates’ performance and consulting with managers to implement new programs for improving job skills.
- Develops, implements and coordinates training programs to help associates improve job skills.
- Work with the team to establish effective relationships with our customers and other functional groups they support.
- Responsible to review application/service issues, service outages, procedural problems, and operational metrics with management.
- Evaluate associate performance, write and deliver performance review and establish career goals.
- Leads efforts with management, vendors and others to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
- Communicates and ensures compliance with corporate and departmental policies, procedures, and service standards in conjunction with management.
- Reviews, analyzes and develops effective performance metrics for the team.
- Recognizes the need to change procedures and prepares and presents recommendations.
- Assist management in determine staffing requirements and personnel recruitment.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science a related discipline preferred.
- 6+ years relevant work experience preferred.
- Ability to interpret business data as it applies to team function.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong customer focus and demonstrated ability to work in geographically dispersed teams, strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Must have strong computer skills including technical aptitude to learn applications that may be required to administer to job duties. Must be proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Preferred work experience in project methodology, ITIL, Six Sigma and/or other continuous improvement tools
- Effectively leads, motivates and provides constructive feedback and direction.
- Constantly reviews, assesses and recommends process improvements.
- Ability to influence and manage change.
- Identify and implement best practices to elevate team performance.
- Ability to interact effectively with cross functional teams and all levels of management.
- Take direction from supervisor and apply it to team responsibilities.
- Effectively communicate with customers via email, phone and other electronic methods to ensure effective support of Hub City Media products
- Rapidly diagnose and route incoming cases to appropriate teams
- Research, reproduce and resolve customer software and technical issues
- Maintain appropriate case – and customer-related files and records in the CRM
- Competency in any object oriented programming language; Java preferred
- Knowledge in Identity and Access Management a strong plus
- Ability to learn new applications quickly and competently
- Ability to read and understand technical writing
- Demonstrate self-driven initiative with an enthusiastic, zealous interest in improvement, job growth and learning
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills and ability to develop customer relationships quickly with superlative problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills with attention to detail
- Ability to read, write, understand and speak in order to effectively and clearly communicate with colleagues and customers
- Effective working independently or as part of a team
- Ability to multitask; good prioritization, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines and follows through to successful conclusion and customer satisfaction
- Ability to demonstrate good technical judgment
- Ability to travel, as needed
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Ability to work after hours when required by the business
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field of study or equivalent experience
- Up to 1 year of work experience a plus
- Must be authorized to work in the United States