Last updated June 5, 2018
Hub City Media is committed to protecting your privacy and your rights to control your personal data. This Privacy Statement explains “what” personal information we may collect from you when you use our products or services, visit our website or attend our events, and “how” you can control that information and “how” we may use it.
1. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
This section describes the personal information we collect when you use our products or services, visit our website, attend our events and explains why we collect it.
We define “Personal Information” broadly, as any information that relates to a specific person, including identifying information (such as name, identification number, location data or online identifier), as well as any information specific to that person’s physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
We use following categories to describe the type of Personal Information we collect, depending on the products and services you use, how you use them and how you interact with our website:
- “Billing Information” - Account owner name, Account owner address, Reference numbers, Purchase Order numbers
- “Contact Information” - means email, first name, last name, company / organization, telephone number, address, country
- “Company Information” - means company or organization and related firmographic information, including size, industry, region and country
- “Delivery Information” - means the specific information we collect to enable downloading of software or the delivery of services and training
a) When you register for Hub City Media products and services:
We collect: Contact Information
- To communicate with you and provide you with requested services
- To share news with you about our events and products
- To give you a more personalized experience on our sites
We may also collect: Company Information
Why: to improve our services, website and user experience; for marketing or industry reporting purposes; or for legal and regulatory compliance purposes
Please note we do not sell, distribute or lease your Personal Information to third parties unless we have your explicit permission or are required by law to do so. If you have previously given your consent to us using your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes, you may withdraw your consent at any time by writing to us or emailing us at email@example.com
b) When you order Hub City Media products and services:
We collect: Contact Information, Delivery Information and Billing Information
Why: We use this information to complete your transaction, follow up with you about your purchase, help with any delivery issues, handle returns and other issues related to the purchase of your Hub City Media products or services.
Please note that we do store Billing Information physically at our headquarters located at 1 Cragwood Road, Suite 103, South Plainfield, N.J. 07080. We only use your Billing Information in connection with the purchase of our products and services.
c) When you subscribe to our E-mails or similar services:
We collect: Contact Information
Why: We use this information in the same manner as we use Contact Information in the registration and ordering process described above.
You may wish to unsubscribe from our e-mail communications anytime by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the end of our e-mail. This will take effect within 48 hours.
d) When you attend one of our events that is sponsored or hosted by one of our external partners:
Some of our events are sponsored or hosted by our external partners. If you register to attend such an event, we may share the Contact Information you provided in connection with registration with our event partner for purposes of verifying registration and ensuring only registered guests are allowed access.
Although the event registration page has the same look and feel as www.hubcitymedia.com, you may actually be submitting registration information to a third-party service provider that then returns the information to our website in order to fulfill your registration request.
Please note that we will only share your Contact Information directly with our event partner if you registered for the event. If you do not wish to have your information included in an attendee list or do not wish to receive information from our event partners, you can so advise us when you register for our events or you may contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
e) When you attend one of our live events, web conferences or seminars:
If you register for one of our events, we will collect your Contact information upon registration, which we will use to provide you with information and services associated with the event.
If you attend one of our events, we may collect Contact Information and Company Information from the organization that you represent.
f) When you correspond with us:
When you correspond with us by email, a postal service, or other form of communication, we may retain such correspondence and the information contained in it and use it to respond to your inquiry; to notify you of Hub City Media’s other services; or, as applicable, for record-keeping purposes.
If you want us to delete your Personal Information contained in such correspondence or otherwise want us to refrain from communicating with you, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please note that if you ask us not to contact you by email at a certain email address, we will retain a copy of that email address on our “master do not send list” for the exclusive purpose of complying with your no-contact request.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND THE LEGAL BASES FOR THESE USES
When we collect your Personal Information our goal is to improve your experience with us. We use your Personal Information to provide you with products or services (including membership services, events, publications, certification and training) you have inquired about, requested or purchased from us. We also use your Personal Information to refine our products and services, tailoring them to your needs and communicate with you more effectively and meaningfully about any new services that may assist you going forwards.
In particular, we collect your Personal Information for the following purposes:
a) To fulfill a contract or take steps linked to a contract: this is relevant where you register to use a Hub City Media product or website (whether paid or as a free trial). This includes:
- Providing you with Hub City Media products or services for which you have registered and any other products and services you have requested;
- Verifying your identity;
- Taking payments;
- Sending you necessary communications (for example, related to payments); and
- Providing customer service or support
b) As required by Hub City Media to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- Providing you with Hub City Media products and services for which you have registered and any other products and services you have requested;
- Analyzing your use and measuring effectiveness of our websites and electronic communications to better understand how they are being used so we can improve them and offer a better customer experience;
- Sending you information about Hub City Media products and services, special offers / similar information and sharing your information with our third-party marketing service providers for our own marketing purposes (where your consent is not required);
- Maintaining our websites and applications they host, including keeping them secure and performing optimally;
- Conducting surveys and market research about our customers, their interests, effectiveness of our marketing campaigns and customer satisfaction (unless we need consent to undertake such surveys, in which case we will only do this with your permission);
- Investigating and responding to any comments or complaints you may send us;
- Checking validity of Billing Information you submit, in order to prevent fraud; and
- In connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes as necessary (including disclosure of information in connection with legal process or litigation).
c) Where you give Hub City Media your consent or otherwise consistent with your choices:
- Sending you information about Hub City Media products and services, special offers, events / similar information, and sharing your information with our third-party marketing service providers for our own marketing purposes (where your consent is required); and
- Placing cookies and using similar technologies on our websites and in email communications, in accordance with our Cookies Policy and information provided to you when you use those technologies.
On other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use the information for the purposes which we explain at the that time.
d) For legal reasons:
- Responding to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation; and
- To detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues and software piracy (e.g., to confirm that software is genuine).
3. YOUR RIGHTS IN RESPECT OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND HOW TO EXERCISE THEM
Under the law of some countries, you may have the right to ask us for a copy of your Personal Information; to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your Personal Information; and to obtain Personal Information you provide to us for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine readable format and to ask us to share (port) this information to another controller.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your Personal Information in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process information to meet a contractual / other legal requirement or where we are using information for direct marketing). These rights may be limited, for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal Personal Information about another person or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping (such as fraud prevention purposes).
To exercise any of these rights, you can get in touch with us using details set out at the end of this Policy.
If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to report them to an EU or other data protection authority where you live, work or where you believe a potential violation may have occurred.
Withdrawing Consent or Otherwise Objecting to Direct Marketing
Hub City Media and third-party marketing services providers we hire to help us market our products and services on our behalf may use your Personal Information to provide you with information and offers related to Hub City Media. Wherever we rely on your consent, you will always be able to withdraw that consent, although we may have other legal grounds for processing your information for other purposes, such as those set out above. In some cases, we are able to send you direct marketing without your consent, where we rely on our legitimate interests. You have an absolute right to opt-out of direct marketing / profiling we carry out for direct marketing, at any time by contacting us using details provided at the end of this policy.
4. HOW HUB CITY MEDIA COLLECTS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In addition to any Personal Information we collect directly from you with your consent, we may collect Personal Information through the websites we own and operate using the following methods:
Automatic Data Collection
- Domain name and geographic location of visitors to our Web site; and
- Any Personal Information volunteered by visitors to the site, such as survey information and / or site registrations
We also compile Personal Information on pages accessed at our website by visitors. The information collected is used:
- To improve the content of our website;
- To customize content and / or layout of our site for registered visitors;
- To notify registered visitors about updates and special offers; and
- To promote sales and advise prospective customers of special offers or services
Your IP Address and other similar information
Our website cookies may collect certain anonymous information about your visit, such as the name of the Internet service provider and the Internet Protocol (IP) address through which you access the Internet; the date and time you access the website; the pages that you access while at the website and the Internet address of the Web site from which you linked directly to our site. This information is used to help improve the website, analyze trends, administer the website and provide optimized advertising to you.
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit that site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font-size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you do not have to keep re-entering them whenever you return to the site.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: Some of our cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you, which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies; however, some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any of your Personal Information and are only used to deliver essential functionality to the website.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies allow us to count website visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our website. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and to understand how visitors navigate the website. All the information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our website and will not be able to monitor its performance or give you the best user experience as a result.
- Functional Cookies: These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies, then some or all of these services may not function properly. For example, third party cookies may include cookies from Google, used for analytics, Vimeo used for video content / streaming management and Twitter and Instagram for messaging / announcements.
- Social Media Cookies: These cookies are set by a range of social media services that we have added to the website. These enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. The cookies are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit as they allow for advertisers to target their products to your interests. If you do not allow these cookies, you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools and adverts are less likely to be tailored to your interests
Opting Out of Cookie Use:
If you do not wish to receive cookies or if you wish to change the way you receive them, you can adjust your browser’s cookie settings accordingly.
You can delete all of our cookies that have already been placed on your computer or you can set your system to prevent them from being placed before you visit our website. However, if you do this, please remember that you may have to manually adjust some of your preferences every time you visit the Hub City Media website as some of our services and functionalities may not work properly.
Please note that if you have disabled one or more of our cookies, we may still use the information collected from cookies prior to them being disabled as a part of your preferences. After you disable cookies, they will not collect any new data going forwards.
Hub City Media Website Analytics and Performance
Functional Site Features – vendors that may collect anonymous data on our behalf:
Hub City Media Partners
We may receive updated Personal Information, including Contact Information from third parties and partners, which we may use to correct our records. Other purposes for which we may receive Personal Information are to update internet search results and links to our advertising or to further sales including procurement of paid listings (such as sponsored links). When we receive Personal Information from third parties, we verify that the third party has procured it legally and in accordance with our privacy principles.
5. WHERE HUB CITY MEDIA STORES YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Hub City Media stores all Personal Information in secure databases (hosted by cloud service providers or on-premise at Hub City Media Headquarters) located in the United States. Personal Information is accessible by authorized Hub City Media personnel only, and we have organizational and technical measures in place to protect your data.
6. HOW LONG DOES HUB CITY MEDIA RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Normally, Hub City Media retains your Personal Information for the duration of your relationship with Hub City Media (for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with your services).
Where Personal Information is subject to legal or regulatory data retention requirements, Hub City Media will retain such information in accordance with the applicable retention period.
Generally, we will only retain and use your Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Where Hub City Media does not have an obligation to retain your Personal Information, you have the right to request deletion of your Personal Information from Hub City Media systems. For more information on your rights of erasure or portability of your data, please see the sections below. If you wish to request that we no longer use your Personal Information to provide you services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. HOW HUB CITY MEDIA SECURES YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Hub City Media uses a variety of organizational, technical and physical security safeguards in place to protect Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
Hub City Media classifies your Personal Information according to its sensitivity to ensure it is managed appropriately and not disclosed to unauthorized parties. Access to all Personal Information (not just the sensitive information) is restricted. Only Hub City Media employees who need information to perform a specific job function are granted access to personally identifiable information as a part of their role (for example; accounts payable or a customer service representative).
We store Personal Information on servers in controlled facilities with no unauthorized access and only limited access to authorized personnel. Our systems are secured using the latest generation security technologies and we have the necessary policies and procedures in place to assure data security and integrity to a high standard.
8. WITH WHOM DOES HUB CITY MEDIA SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your Personal Information with our suppliers, training partners, conference or event hosts (to verify your identity when you arrive), our external recruiters, our background-security-check partners, with our consultants and contractors who provide services on our behalf such as web site hosting, public relations, mailing (campaign), answering customer questions or service matters, issuing notifications and sending information about our special offers and the services we offer.
We provide those companies with only the necessary amount of Personal Information they need to deliver our service and only where there is a legitimate reason to do so. Where this reason involves your consent, we will ensure that we obtain it and do not share Personal Information where we do not have permission to do so.
We may share aggregate information, which is not personally identifiable, with other organizations. This information may include usage and demographic data, but it will not include Personal Information.
All of our partners, suppliers and contractors are legally obliged to maintain your Personal Information confidentiality at all times and that they are not to use your Personal Information in any way other than to provide you with Hub City Media products and services that you have consented to be provided unless there is another legitimate legal purpose to do so.
On occasion, Hub City Media may also make your Contact Information available to our partners offering Hub City Media products or services which we feel will be of interest to you to provide a better service.
In some circumstances, we may provide targeted lists of names as well as offline and online Contact Information for marketing purposes to a third-party agent acting on our behalf. Should this be the case, the third party will be subject to Hub City Media policies and will have a clear contracted purpose. You have the right not to allow us to share your Personal Information with these third parties, by sending an email to email@example.com where we will update this information for you.
Our subsidiary and affiliate companies, entities into which our company may be merged, or entities to which any of our assets, products, sites or operations may be transferred, will be able to use the Personal Information that you have consented to allow us to use or the Personal Information that is needed to fulfill a legal obligation.
Hub City Media may disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Hub City Media; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Hub City Media or (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of Hub City Media employees or agents, users of Hub City Media products or services, or members of the public. We will disclose Personal Information in response to a court order or a subpoena or other legal obligation, in response to a specific law enforcement agency's request, or in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this Personal Information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property. You should also be aware that courts of equity, such as Bankruptcy Courts, might have the authority under certain circumstances to permit Personal Information to be shared or transferred to third parties without permission.
9. OUR WEB LINKS, PUBLICATIONS AND SURVEYS
We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site that their privacy may be subject to different treatment and kindly ask users to read the privacy statements of each web site to which we may link.
We do not provide external publications (news feeds) apart from provision of information to certain online blogs, which are not in the public domain. We may conduct surveys to improve our services and products; however, participation in such surveys is voluntary and we respect your privacy when undertaking them.
From time to time we may invite you to provide information via surveys or customer feedback forms. The participation in these surveys or feedback requests are completely voluntary, you have a choice as to whether to disclose any Contact Information (such as name and email address) and demographic information (such as post or zip code). We use this Personal Information to monitor or improve the use of our website or other products or services.
10. TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM EU TO THE US
Hub City Media has its headquarters in the United States. Personal Information we collect from you may be processed in the United States. The United States has not sought nor received a finding of adequacy from the European Union under Article 45 of the GDPR for data transfers and Privacy Shield.
By using our website or other products or services you acknowledge the above and waive all rights with regard to Article 45.
11. CHANGES IN OWNERSHIP
If Hub City Media is involved in a merger, acquisition or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and / or prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or use(s) of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
12. CONTACTING HUB CITY MEDIA
Any Personal Information we collect is controlled, and as applicable, processed, by Hub City Media, Inc. located at 1 Cragwood Road, Suite 103, South Plainfield, N.J. 07080
If you have any inquiries or complaints about our handling of your Personal Information or about our privacy practices in general, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or alternatively please send a letter to Hub City Media Attention: Security Manager, 1 Cragwood Road, Suite 103, South Plainfield, N.J. 07080
We will respond to your inquiry within thirty days to answer your request or to inform you when we will answer.
13. NOTIFICATION AND CHANGES
If we change our Privacy Statement, we will post the changes on this page so our users are aware of the changes; however, users should check this page frequently to keep abreast of any changes.
For further enquiries about this Statement, please contact:
Hub City Media – Security Manager 1 Cragwood Road, Suite 103, South Plainfield, N.J. 07080